Enjoy this Nourish Bowl, packed with crazy colourful goodness!
This nourish bowl is not only super jam packed with nutrients but is also beyond easy & quick to make. It’s a bit DIY style, where you can choose your own adventure. We created this one with some of Gaga’s Gut Loving Ferments and we could not be happier #gifted.
Vegan / Vegetarian / Gluten Free options / Dairy Free options
30 mins, serves 4
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin. Finely diced (about 1 x 1cm)
- 1 can of chickpeas, patted dry with paper towel
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 bunch of kale (stalks removed), cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 cups of couscous (quinoa if gluten free)
- 2 cups of stock
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Punnet of cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 lebanese cucumber, chopped into small circles
- Avocado, mashed
- 1 cup of Gaga’s Gut Loving Power Kraut Moroccan Beets
- Optional toppings: Olive oil, sesame seeds, fetta (not vegan or dairy free), pepitas, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, hummus, dressings
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE NOURISH BOWL
- Pre-heat the oven to about 200 degrees.
- Coat the pumpkin, chickpeas, capsicum and kale in olive oil, salt & pepper. Place the pumpkin, capsicum & chickpeas on a baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for about 10minutes. After 10minutes, flip the veggies on the tray and add the kale. Continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes, until browned on the edges.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous (or quinoa) by boiling two cups of stock on the stove on medium heat. Once boiled, turn off the heat and add two cups of couscous. Pop the lid on top and allow to stand for a few minutes, until the water is all absorbed. Once absorbed, place the pot on low heat for a few minutes, add the oil and fluff with a fork
- Lastly, you can arrange your bowl! We recommend grouping all veggies together and making sure you have different colours next to each other. Add any of the optional toppings that tickle your fancy!
Why not check out our Veggie Haloumi Skewers, another tasty plant-based dinner idea