Get some deliciousness in you and mum this Mother’s Day with this full proof easy apple & rhubarb crumble recipe!
This delicious wintery easy apple & rhubarb recipe crumble recipe will warm your heart but most importantly give mum a delightful surprise!
French Earl Grey Tea mixture
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 tsp T2 French Earl Grey tea
Poached Apple & Rhubarb
- 1 bunch of fresh rhubarb (top and tailed then roughly chopped)
- 1 green apple (cored and roughly chopped)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 125g butter (melted)
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Start by making a tea! Boil the jug and steep 2 tsp of T2 French Earl Grey tea into half a cup of boiling water. Let it sit for 3-5 mins and strain to keep the liquid and discard the tea.
- Place all of the poaching fruit, sugar, lemon juice and strained liquid tea into a medium saucepan over a low-medium heat. Simmer down until fruit is soft to poke a fork through.
- While fruit is simmering away on the stove top, start making the crumble.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and stir until a wet sand like consistency (can be a bit chunky).
- In a roughly 20 x 20cm baking dish (could use a round dish too!) layer the infused poached fruit on the bottom of the dish and top with the crumble mixture until covered.
- Place in the oven for roughly 15 minutes and as a result your crumble layer will be golden and crunchy on top!
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with some vanilla ice cream!
Want more creations like this easy apple & rhubarb recipe? For example this easy Pavlova Recipe – warning, as a result of baking this you might just come back for more 😉